Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Articles on Spiritual Growth

Reading articles on spiritual growth is one way to increase your spirituality -- but eventually, you have to stop reading and start practicing! These articles on spiritual growth offer practical ways to be more spiritual at work, home, and even at church...

Christian Courses for Spiritual Growth – The Alpha Course - my husband Bruce and I are taking this course, which is a practical foundation for Christianity. I love it. Last night, Nicky Gumbel (the creator of the Alpha Course) spoke on how evil appears in our lives and what to do about it -- and it changed how I view God, spirituality, and my life.

5 Spiritual Health Benefits of Meditation is an article on spiritual growth from my Quips & Tips for Spiritual Seekers partner, Gini Grey. Note that the health benefits she describes aren't just for meditation -- they're for prayer, too!

5 Ways to Be More Spiritually Healthy- describes tips ranging from "set healthy boundaries" to "pretend your mistakes are only a five second blip" (my favourite thing to do!). These are practical effective, ways to increase your spiritual growth...or at least enjoy more peace and joy in your life.

Centering Prayer - How to Pray With Your Whole Heart - is my most popular article on spiritual growth. I love this type of prayer; it really helps you relax and focus on what you're doing....praying to the Creator of the Universe. And what could be more spiritually healthy than that?

These are only a few articles I've written -- if you're looking for a different type of article on spiritual growth, let me know! I'd be happy to dig it up or write it for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment